Monday, November 16, 2015

At least it's not snowing!

I don't know about you, but I'm loving these 60 degree days in mid November!  I don't know about the rain the next couple of days, but at least it's not snow!  I saw on the news this morning that a year ago today, we had our first snowfall, getting 2.5 inches!  NO thanks!

Sight Words

Can your child read all of the sight words for this 9 weeks? The words are: we, my, like, by, he, for, me, with, she.  If they cannot read all the words, keep practicing at home!!  I will be assessing this skill for the report card after Thanksgiving break.

Homework--Next Week

We will have a regular homework sheet this week with homework Monday-Thursday night.  We will NOT have a homework sheet next week due to Thanksgiving break.  We will resume our normal homework nightly after Thanksgiving Break.

Superkids

Tomorrow we meet our next Superkid!  I wonder who it will be?!  Today we did our Super Smart lesson, and read a non-fiction interactive story about insects.  Then we made mini-books to practice sequencing information.  Ask your child tonight to tell you what they learned!

Thanksgiving Break:
Don't forget that we are out of school on Wednesday, November 25-Friday November 27 for Thanksgiving.  I will see you all back here on Monday, November 30!


Math

Today in math we practiced finding numbers on a life size number line, and counting up and back from those numbers.



Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment